The call for student volunteer applications is closed.
Participation in the 22nd IEEE International Requirements Engineering Conference (RE'14) is a great opportunity for students interested in all aspects of requirements engineering to get in touch with the latest advances in the field and to meet with leading academic and industrial researchers as well as practitioners. Being engaged in the Student volunteer program is also an excellent way of meeting other students from all over the world and to offset most of the costs of attending the RE conference.
The success of the past RE conferences greatly depended on the lively participation and dedicated work of the student volunteers. For RE'14 we are looking for a number of highly motivated student volunteers that will be part of making the conference unforgettable.
Benefits of being a Student Volunteer include:
- Free living for up to 7 nights for all student volunteers!
- Free conference registration!
- Free admission to a tutorial or a workshop (space permitting)!
- Free conference proceedings!
- Free admission to all coffee breaks and lunches during the conference!
- Free admission to the conference banquet!
Requirements & Responsibilities
- Student volunteers must be enrolled in a Ph.D., Masters, or full-time undergraduate program at the time of the conference. They have to be able to communicate well in English.
- Student volunteers are expected to be present during the entire week of August 25-29 and to work about 20-25 hours during this week.
- Student volunteers typically assist with: sessions, panels and posters, manning the registration desk and checking badges for entry to events; and any other activities that keep the RE conference running smoothly.
- Some student volunteers will also be needed the day before the conference start for preparation work (Sunday 24th of August 2014)
To apply for a student volunteer position, you must submit ALL of the following by email to the Student Volunteer Chair by Saturday, May 31, 2014:
- A completed student volunteer application form, that can be downloaded here
- A CV in PDF format
- The email should have the subject “RE14-Student-Volunteer-Application” and your last name